Pages Menu
Categories Menu

Kurnik’s house (Kurnikova hiša)

OPEN
Tuesday-Sunday: 10.00–18.00
Visit possible only by prior arrangement.

CONTACT
Tržič Museum
+386 (0)4 5315 500
trziski.muzej@guest.arnes.si

EXHIBITION
Kurnik’s house

ENTRANCE
Adults: 2,50€
Children, teenagers, students, pensioners: 1,50€
Families: 5,00€
Price list


kurnikovahisa_web

Kurnikova hiša, one of the oldest and best preserved buildings in the old town centre was built in the mid-18th century. The house as we see it today was built on the foundations of a building which burned down in a fire in 1689. There were many different owners in the course of history. At the beginning of the 19th century, it was owned by the Kurnik family of wheelwrights. They owned it until 1967 when the last owner, Mici Kurnik, a well-known seamstress from Tržič and great niece of Vojteh Kurnik, bequeathed it to Tržič Museum.

Kurnikova hiša has been transformed into an ethnological museum which shows what the interiors of houses looked like in the 19th and early 20th centuries. In one of the rooms the life and literary work of Vojteh Kurnik (1826–1886), one of the first Slovenian patriots, a poet and collector of folk songs, popular sayings and tales, is presented.

The first floor is reserved for temporary exhibitions and every year on 12 March there is an exhibition devoted to the feast of St. Gregory’s.

Location and access

Kurnik’s house (Kurnikova hiša)
Kurnikova pot 2
4290 Tržič

T: +386 (0)4 53 15 500
M: +386 (0)31 337 311
E: trziski.muzej@quest.arnes.si

Pin It on Pinterest